1 of 10 results item of 32
- People can apply to adopt kittens, or sometimes older cats, that are in the agency's care. Available animals can be viewed on the website. All felines available for adoption have:Gone through an isolation period to ensure they do not have feline panleukopeniaR...
- Provides an opportunity for people to adopt dogs, cats, and small domestic animals. Adoption fee includes:Examination by a veterinarianFlea/parasite treatmentVaccinations (including rabies shot if animal is old enough)Spay/neuter surgeryMicrochipping (for dogs...
- Enforces the animal control by-law. Residents can report dogs and cats roaming at large or defecating on their property.
- Upholds the animal control by-law and issues dog licences.
- Helps to reunite lost pets with their owners, includes:Responds to public concerns about lost/stray domestic animalsShelter and care for lost/stray animals and attempts to locate ownersPost lost/stray animals in custody to shelter websiteAssesses animals for a...
- Officers respond to public complaints or concerns related to animal well-being, includes:Animal welfare checksResponding to stray or injured animalsSeizing abused or dangerous animalsResponding to complaints of unlicensed dogs in select coverage areasBylaw enf...
- People who are no longer able to care for their dogs, cats or small companion animals can rehome them at the shelter.
- Complaints and InvestigationsProvided by: Prince Edward Island Veterinary Medical Association - AKA: PEIVMAReceives and investigates complaints from the public about medical care received by animals from licensed veterinarians in PEI.
- Directory of Veterinary ClinicsProvided by: Prince Edward Island Veterinary Medical Association - AKA: PEIVMAProvides an online directory of all veterinary clinics in PEI.
- Supports for seniors with dogs includes:Assistance with exercising dogsDeliver/pick up supplies from grocery or pet storeHelp with animal hygieneTransportation to and from vet and groomerTemporary care during hospitalization
Select Results to print
- Service nameAgency name