Federal Government Resource Guide

The following list includes the names of federal departments and agencies that currently have services listed on the 211 website. Below is a brief description of what each department or agency does to help you locate services areas that may be of interest.
Canada's central repository for information about fraud and provides fraud reporting services.
Responsible for: Access of people and goods to and from Canada.
Responsible for: Administering federal electoral events (An independent, non-partisan agency of Parliament)
Responsible for: Consumer protection and regulation enforcement to the broadcasting and telecommunications industries in Canada.
Responsible for: The national transportation system, the human rights of individuals with disabilities to an accessible transportation network and the protection for air passengers. (Independent office)
Responsible for: Receiving and investigating complaints about the conduct of RCMP officers.
Responsible for: Ensuring compliance with, and enforcement of, the Canada Elections Act and the Referendum Act. (Independent office)
Responsible for: Protecting and promoting competition for the benefit of Canadian consumers and businesses.
Responsible for managing institutions of various security levels and supervising offenders under conditional release in the community. Also provides victim services.
Responsible for: Administering federal electoral events, including elections, by-elections, and referendums.
Responsible for: Informing Canadians about protecting and conserving Canada's natural heritage, and ensuring a clean, safe, and sustainable environment for present and future generations.
Responsible for Canada's financial system by protecting the rights of consumers and supervising federally regulated financial entities.
Responsible for safeguarding waters and managing fisheries and ocean resources.
Responsible for diplomatic relations, international trade and development, humanitarian assistance and national security.
Provides information on federal government departments, agencies, and services.
Responsible for: Providing information about public health, cannabis, consumer product safety, immunizations information, health alerts, and medical assistance in dying.
Responsible for: Crisis lines, health support and benefits, and supports for the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigneous Women and Girls.
Responsible for: Canadian passports, newcomer settlement programs, and facilitating the arrival of immigrants and protection to refugees.
Rsponsible for improving conditions of investment, innovation performance, and Canada's global trade.
Responsible for: Developing policies and programs for natural resources development and sustainability.
Responsible for: Receiving, reviewing and responding to compliments or complaints received about service delivery provided by Service Canada.
Responsible for: Receiving and investigating complaints from the public if they feel they have been treated unfairly by Veterans Affairs Canada.
Responsible for protecting and presenting Canada's natural and cultural heritage, including national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas.
Responsible for: Quality conditional release and record suspension decisions, and clemency recommendations as part of the Canadian criminal justice system. (Independent administrative tribunal)
Responsible for: Investigating accusations of improper political activity, handling access to information requests, and administering the Federal Student Work Experience Program.
Responsible for: Policing services in PEI, except for Charlottetown, Summerside and Kensington.
Service Canada (Employment and Social Development Canada)
Responsible for: Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance (EI), Social Insurance Numbers (SIN), and seniors' benefits.
Responsible for: All modes of transportation in Canada and associated licensing such as boating, aircraft pilots, and drones.
Responsible for: Programs and benefits for Canadian military veterans, the RCMP, and their families.