BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THE WEBSITE, YOU ARE INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE.
211 PEI may unilaterally revise this Agreement from time to time, in which case we will provide you with a notice of such revision by posting the amended Agreement on this Website. Use of the Website after such notice will signify your acceptance of these revised terms. You should visit this page periodically to review this Agreement.
1. Listing Inclusion/Exclusion
2. No Endorsement
Inclusion of an organization and information about its programs and services on the Website does not imply endorsement by 211 PEI nor does exclusion indicate lack of endorsement.
Links to other websites are provided to help users locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. Parties other than 211 PEI independently developed these other Websites and therefore 211 PEI does not assume responsibility for the content of any third party Website, nor does it make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding any third-party Website including, without limitation, (i) regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness or suitability of any content on such third-party Websites, (ii) regarding the merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose of any material, content, software, goods, or services located at or made available through such third-party Websites, or (iii) that the operation of such third-party Websites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such third-party Websites will be corrected, or that such third-party Websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
In providing links to other Websites, 211 PEI is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other Websites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such Websites. A link to another Website should not be construed to mean that 211 PEI is associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other Websites. In addition, the mention of another party or its products or services on the Website should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its products or services.
The information on the Website is provided for information purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical, legal or professional advice whatsoever and should not be relied upon in that respect.
THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS". WHILE 211 PEI ENDEAVOURS TO PROVIDE INFORMATION THAT IS CORRECT, ACCURATE AND TIMELY, 211 PEI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (I) THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (II) THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, RELIABLE, OR TIMELY, (III) THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, (IV) THAT DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, BE IT HUMAN OR COMPUTER ERRORS, WILL BE CORRECTED, (V) THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND (VI) THAT COMMUNICATIONS TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE AND/OR NOT INTERCEPTED.
4. Listing Updates
Organizations listed on the Website are asked annually to complete a written questionnaire or to update their information by telephone, fax or e-mail. In addition, the editorial team monitors service changes, and major changes are made as soon as the information is known and verified with the service provider. Nevertheless, community services change so rapidly that some omissions and inaccuracies are inevitable.
211 PEI encourages organizations to use the Website to notify the editorial team of service changes throughout the year. 211 PEI reserves the right to verify each change with the service provider.
The amount of detail, the language used and the presentation of information in describing a service or organization are at the discretion of 211 PEI.
Changes submitted will not appear automatically or immediately on the Website. Changes will first be are first verified and processed by staff.
211 PEI encourages organizations to use the Website as a central collection of quality information. If you would like to link to the Website, we request that you:
- Inform us that you are creating a link by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the URL of the page where the link will be placed. We will add you to our e-mail list to provide you with automatic updates about this Website; and
- Link to the Website home page instead of specific pages within the Website.
While 211 PEI encourages links to the Website, it does not wish to be linked to or from any third-party Website which contains, posts or transmits any unlawful information of any kind, including, without limitation, any content i) that constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation; ii) that may be damaging or detrimental to the activities, operations, credibility or integrity of 211 PEI; or iii) that contains, posts or transmits any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights.
211 PEI reserves the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to the Website, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the foregoing nature, at any time. You agree to remove any link you may have to the Website upon the request of 211 PEI.
The framing, mirroring and deep-linking of the Website or any of its content in any form and by any method is strictly prohibited. You may not cause any advertisement including any pop-up or banner advertisement to appear at, or on, or after exiting, the Website.
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
This material is intended for general information purposes only and should not be distributed, copied or disclosed to anyone else. Its contents are protected by privilege, and all rights to privilege are expressly claimed and not waived. Further, any information that is confidential or personal will be subject to the FOIPP Act and other relevant legislation.
- Confidentiality Warning
211 PEI strives to ensure confidentiality in email communication. Nevertheless, absent the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet email is vulnerable to interception and forging. 211 PEI will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make to 211 PEI or that you expressly or implicitly authorize 211 PEI to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
The Website measures site visits but does not collect or maintain information on the identity of such users.
- Submissions 211
PEI shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in information provided to 211 PEI through the Website or sent through email. 211 PEI shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information submitted to it unless specifically agreed to by 211 PEI, or required by law.
211 PEI may use comments submitted by users about the Website for promotional purposes. 211 PEI will seek written permission of the user before publishing his or her personal name, organization or program name or direct comment. 211 PEI may combine comments and attribute them to pseudonyms without seeking permission of the users.
7. Ownership and Limited Licence
This Website and its Content are protected by copyright law and are owned by 211 PEI and/or 211 PEI contributors. Individual listings on this Website are the property of the organization identified in the copyright notice at the bottom of each page. The Website application and design is the property of 211 PEI. 211 PEI grants to the User a limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive licence to access, view and use (display or print) a reasonable number of search results for their own personal, non-commercial use, provided the information is not modified and that all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in the Website are maintained. None of the information may be otherwise reproduced, republished or re-disseminated in any manner or form without the express prior written consent of 211 PEI or its affiliates, as the case may be.
The taxonomy used to index the services, including the definitions of listed terms, was originally published in the Information and Referral Thesaurus, First Edition, 1996. Except as expressly indicated above, no part of this taxonomy of human services terms and definitions may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the express prior written consent of 211 PEI.
To find out how the information on the Website can be customized to your needs, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Certain words, phrases, names, titles, graphics, icons, designs, logos and trademarks displayed on the Website may constitute registered or unregistered trademarks, service marks or trade names of 211 PEI or third parties. While certain trademarks of third parties may be used by 211 PEI under licence, the display of any such marks or names on the Website does not imply that 211 PEI or other entities have granted a licence or authorization of any kind.
Any use of the trade-names, trademarks, service-marks and logos (collectively "Trademarks") displayed on the Website, except as expressly provided in this Agreement, is strictly prohibited. Nothing appearing on the Website or elsewhere shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the Website.
9. Prohibited Uses
The User is prohibited from posting or transmitting on or through the Website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. In addition, the User is prohibited from posting or transmitting on or through the Website any information which (a) infringes the rights of others or violates their privacy or publicity rights or (b) is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, unless with the express written consent of the owner of such right.
Furthermore, you may not, nor may you allow others to, directly or indirectly:
- use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair it;
- use the Website or its Content for commercial or philanthropic prospection purposes (including by use of unsolicited commercial e-mail or SPAM);
- interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the Website or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Website or affiliated or linked Websites;
- disrupt or interfere with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website or affiliated or linked Websites;
- upload, post or otherwise transmit on the Website any items, including without limitation computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or computer programs; or
- use any robot, spider or other automatic program or device, or manual process to monitor, copy, summarize, or otherwise extract information from the Website or the Content in whole or in part.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all your actions and communications undertaken or transmitted in the course of your usage of the Website, and that you will comply with all applicable laws concerning the use of or activities on the Website or in respect of the Content. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or any other harm resulting from your use of the Website.
10. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall 211 PEI be liable for damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage or any other damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website or in reliance on the information available on the Website, including, without limitation, any loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption or any other loss incurred in connection with the use or misuse of the Website, regardless of the cause and whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence), civil liability or otherwise. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if 211 PEI knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless 211 PEI and all third parties mentioned at the Website, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from your use of the Website or your breach of this Agreement.
While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on the Website does not contain computer viruses, the User should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan the User's computer systems for computer viruses and to protect them against the harmful effects of such viruses, including by means of maintaining a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on the User's computer system.
211 PEI reserves the right to remove and/or disable access to the Website, with or without notice, to any User who violates this Agreement. If the User violates any provision of this Agreement, the User's permission to use the Content automatically terminates and the User must immediately destroy any copies it has made of the Content. 211 PEI retains also the right to take any other appropriate legal actions to enforce its rights and disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of the Website.
14. General Provisions
The User agrees that all matters relating to the access to, or use of the Website and its Content, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island and the laws of Canada notwithstanding any otherwise applicable conflict of laws rule. The User hereby consents and submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Prince Edward Island in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to this Agreement.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The provisions of this Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and each of their respective successors and assigns.
No waiver, express or implied, by 211 PEI of any breach of or default by User under this Agreement will constitute a continuing waiver of such breach or default or be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Any rights not expressly granted by this Agreement are reserved to 211 PEI and its affiliates.
15. Contact Us
If you are experiencing difficulties in using the Website or if you have any questions or comments regarding the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PEI Inclusion/ Exclusion Policy:
About the 211 Database 211 Prince Edward Island (211 PEI) is a free, confidential information and referral service that enables the public to easily find community, health, and social services. Maintaining an up-to-date human services database that reflects the needs of Islanders is a key priority of 211 PEI.
The 211 PEI resource database is intended to provide:
- A source of information for 211 PEI and its call takers, and an online searchable tool for the public and service providers;
- Support for community planning or research;
- Support for specialized programs, projects and committees of 211 PEI, and its partners. 211 PEI is governed by an advisory committee who reports to the United Way of Prince Edward Island Board of Directors.
All data collected is managed by staff of 211 PEI.
Purpose of the Data Inclusion and Exclusion Policy.This policy helps define the scope of the resource database and the principals upon which inclusion/exclusion decisions are made. The policy clarifies the standards and criteria for the organizations and services that will be included and excluded from the resource database.
Areas for Inclusion.
The 211 PEI Inclusion and Exclusion Policy is based on the definition of human services identified by the standardization body that accredits Information and Referral Services, the Alliance of Information & Referral Systems (AIRS).Definition: Human services “help people become more self-sufficient, prevent dependency, strengthen family relationships, support personal and social development and ensure the well-being of individuals, families, groups and communities... Human services also facilitate the capabilities of people to care for children or other dependents; ensure that protective services are available to those who are vulnerable; provide for support of older adults and people with disabilities; offer social, religious, and leisure time activities; provide for the cultural enrichment of the community; and ensure that people have the information they need to fully participate in community life.” (AIRS Standards for Professional Information & Referral and Quality Indicators, V.6.0, 2009)The resource database includes organizations providing direct services that are available to the general public. Direct services may include the dissemination of information and/or referrals to service providers. Organizations may serve the public either in person, by telephone, via the Internet (including e-mail or other online forum), or through other emerging technologies.
These organizations include:
- Non-profit organizations, community-based organizations, or government entities. Non-Profit organizations providing services that require payment of fees will be included. The records will identify those services that require fees and, where appropriate, identify organizations that will consider waiving or reducing the fee for those who could not otherwise afford to partake;
- Organizations that are located outside Prince Edward Island which provide services Islanders can access;
- Faith-based agencies, if they provide services that are open to the community and do not requi
- Financial related consumer services such as credit counselling, debt management, and assistance with tax return preparation.
Second priority areas:
Rather than collect comprehensive information in second priority areas, 211 PEI may refer users to services that maintain current data and provide central referral for a particular service need. The following are second priority services, unless they are targeted toward one of the first priority demographics:
- Recreation programs;
- Opportunities to participate in social activities or leisure activities;
- Consumer services permit requests and consumer education.
Additional second priority services include:
- Organizations offering activities of interest to the community but not providing a human service are considered for inclusion. Examples include groups that aim to raise awareness about a particular issue;
- Sources where persons can find out who are the political representatives in their area.
- The amount of detail, the language used, and the presentation of information in describing a service, organization or branch is at the discretion of 211 PEI;
- Inclusion in the 211 PEI human services database is free and is not dependent upon the purchase of a membership, products or advertising space from 211 PEI or any of its partners;
- Inclusion of an agency or program does not imply endorsement by 211 PEI, its providers, or partners and is considered a privilege, rather than a right. Omission from the database does not indicate disapproval;
- Certain services that would not generally fit the inclusion criteria may be included, when there is evidence that inclusion would benefit the community. These decisions are made on a case by- case basis. 211 PEI reserves the right to:
- Prioritize and limit entry;
- Exclude from the 211 PEI database any organization that it has, in its own discretion, adequate reason to believe may spread hatred or have a philosophy that could be hurtful to the wellbeing of individuals, groups or the community as a whole. Potential grounds for exclusion or removal from the database may include, but are not limited to: service non-delivery, fraud, misrepresentation, discrimination, criminal activities, or operating outside licensing mandates;
- Refuse to list or to discontinue listings for organizations that have had serious complaints lodged against them with a regulatory body, with 211 PEI itself, or with other organizations;
- Exclude agencies or organizations that provide services which are not available to the general public, or which are available only to persons holding membership or status in a specific group or organization.
- Exceptions may be made when the mission of the agency is to serve a particular underserved or underrepresented population. Generally, organizations that provide service only to other organizations and not to members of the public are excluded;
- Exclude information on services offered by private companies operating on a for-profit basis. 211 PEI recognizes that there may be clients of 211 who wish to engage private companies to meet certain human, social and health service needs. 211 PEI will endeavor to maintain data on the existence of trade or professional organizations, the members of which include private for-profit entities in the human, social and health fields. Callers will be referred to the relevant organization(s) but will not be provided with information or referrals to particular members of those organizations;
- Refuse to list or to discontinue listings for organizations that fail to respond to requests for additional information and/or updates to information;
- Refuse to list organizations that have been in existence for less than six months.
Appeal Process Decisions to include, exclude, or remove a service listing may be appealed by contacting the Director of 211 PEI, after a reasonable attempt has been made to resolve the issue with the 211 data managers. David Webster, Director, 211 PEI – Tel: 902-894-8202 or email: email@example.com