Filter by
  • Human Rights
1 of 6 results item of 6

Find Community and Social Resources

  1. PEI's Child and Youth Advocate is an independent officer of the Legislative Assembly and supports the rights of children through individual advocacy services such as: Hearing concerns directly from children, youth and their families and helping them to have th...
  2. Members of the public can file a complaint if they think their rights or the rights of another have been violated under PEI's Human Rights Act. The Commission then investigates and if they rule in the complainant's favour, can order compensation in the form of...
  3. Employees or employers in non-union workplaces can file a formal complaint under the PEI Employment Standards Act. The Chief Employment Standards Officer is responsible for reviewing such complaints.
  4. Provides online resources to help employees and employers understand their rights and responsibilities under the Employment Standards Act and Youth Employment Act. Includes information about: Wages and work hours Special leave Human rights Sexual harassment Wo...