Child and Family Services - Report Child Abuse

AKA: Child Protection Services
Provided by: Government of Prince Edward Island - Department of Social Development and Housing - AKA: Formerly Department of Family and Human Services

Service Description

By law, anyone who thinks a child is being abused or neglected by a parent or guardian must call Child Protection Services. Call if you think a child is/has:
  • Being physically, sexually or emotionally hurt by a parent/guardian
  • Been hurt and a parent/guardian did not prevent it but could have
  • Living in a home where there is domestic violence
  • Being neglected by their parent/guardian
Note: Child is defined as 17 years and younger * Sexual activity: Criminal Code of Canada defines age of consent as ...18 years where the sexual activity involves exploitative activity, such as prostitution, pornography or where there is a relationship of trust, authority or dependency. For other sexual activity, the age of consent is 16 years of age. See the Criminal Code for more details or call.

COVID-19 Update: Service is operating as normal.


Anyone who thinks a child residing in PEI is being abused by a parent or guardian is required by law to contact Child Protective Services
No fees
How to Access:
Documents Required:
Not applicable
Program Hours:
October to May: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm;June to September: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm;AFTER HOURS PHONE LINE AVAILABLE
Program Phone Numbers:
  • Report Child Abuse
    Business hours line for reporting child abuse
  • After hours
    After hours line for reporting child abuse
Coverage Area:
Prince Edward Island

Service Locations & Contact Info